Best-in-Class Quality Services
Niagara Transformer Service is recognized as a leader in not only the design and manufacturing of power transformers, but in their repair and maintenance.</p4 >
Aging assets, rising energy demand and the critical need to avoid unplanned outages are challenging utilities and industrials around the world. While financial constraints are reducing maintenance budgets and investment, demand for increased return on investment is unchanged. Our service portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance, while lowering environmental impact.
POWER TRANSFORMER SERVICES & CAPABILITIES
Click on a transformer service below for a full description.
Liquid transformer disc or layer three phase coil(s) rewind
In the event of a coil(s) failure, Niagara Transformer Service fully inspects your transformer to determine winding material and configuration.
- Disassemble the coil(s).
- Reverse engineer to determine coil(s) size, voltage, and kVA/MVA.
- Design, wind, and install the new coil(s).
- Perform a full electrical test.
- Ability to rewind the transformer with higher temperature insulation to increase the kVA output of the existing transformer by allowing the temperature rise to be increased.
Leak Repair & Gasket Replacement
Leaking transformers can be a detrimental problem not only for the unit but the environment as well:
- Moisture and oxygen can enter a transformer through leaking gaskets, causing accelerated aging of insulation and insulation failure.
- Oil spilling onto the ground and possibly into groundwater can be expensive to remedy; leaking oil can carry lead from transformer paint (if paint is lead-based) into the ground causing further contamination.
- Leaks above the transformer oil can allow the nitrogen blanket to escape, causing more frequent nitrogen bottle replacements if equipped with a positive pressure system.
- We can either fix just the leaking location(s) or completely re-gasket all transformer openings and reprocess the oil to restore equipment to good condition.
Component Update & Replacement
Tap changers, bushings, gauges, cooling fans, radiators, controls, etc.
Either replace components with the same or similar manufacture replacement parts, or upgrade to more modern components. Additional modern monitoring devices may be able to added to give more operational information.
Failure analysis – Root cause analysis
Complete Transformer Testing, Complete Oil Diagnostic Services, Inspect Transformer and All Accessories, Assessment and Recommendations.
Electrical failure typically involves line surges, which is a very common cause of transformer failure. Voltage spikes, switching surges and line faults are a few common culprits of electrical failure.
- Doble Insulation Power Factor Test
- Excitation Test
- Insulation Resistance Test
- Winding Resistance Test
- Partial Discharge Test
- Turn Ratio Test
- Phase Relation
- Impulse Testing
- DGA Analysis
- Core Loss and Excitation Current
- Load Loss and Impedance
- Temperature Rise
- Doble Sweep Frequency Response Analysis
- Dielectric Frequency Response
RELY ON US TO KEEP YOU POWERED
You need a dependable provider for the total life cycle of transformer services, insulation & components.
OUR POWER TRANSFORMERS, BY THE NUMBERS
From the test floor to the substation yard, we put our expertise to the ultimate test every day.
over the last 10 YEARS
over the last 13 YEARS